Creating and importing SRM Training .txt filesUsually, you will directly download recorded data from SRM Powercontrol V into PowerCoach via LINK.
If you are unable to use LINK, or if you like to import saved SRM data series, create SRM .txt files. Such files can be imported with PowerCoach.
NOTE: SRM Training software does not support TEM series. You dont get the temperature series when downloading via SRM Training software. You must download with PowerCoach via LINK to get TEM series.
For example, proceed as outlined below to create and import SRM .txt files.
Launch SRM Training software to create SRM .txt files.
- Open a saved SRM data series or download recorded data from SRM Powercontrol. To export, the series must be displayed in the frontmost window.
- Pull down the "File" menu, choose "Export..." and set the option "Training as text file" in the "Export" dialog.
- Enter a file name and click the "Save" button to create the SRM .txt file at the choosen location.
TIP: Use the same name for all exported files, for example "aaa", and save such files always to the same location. Your last export will always replace the existing "aaa" file.
Switch to PowerCoach and import the exported file.
- Pull down the "PowerCoach" main menu and choose "Import...".
- When the "Open..." dialog gets displayed, select and open the exported SRM .txt file, for example "aaa".
- When the "ASCII IMPORT" dialog gets displayed, enter the start time of the SRM recording and click "OK" to launch a new series Job with the imported data.
TIP: Because SRM Training software does not export the start time, the user should enter this value. Separate units with one space character. For example, write
..."1 1 4" for date "01.01.2004"...
..."9 23 8" for time "09:23:08"...
when entering date or time with PowerCoach. Do not type unnecessary zeros.